Types Of Content Management System
There are a range of content management systems available, with different ones suitable for different tasks and different levels of skill set.
Some require more time than others, some have more functionality than others and some Content Management Systems allow you to update & maintain your website without touching a line of code.
- WordPress – The world’s most popular Content Management System. Suitable for absolute beginners, allows you to add new content & pages without ever touching a line of code.
- Joomla! – Allows you to update your website by using and moving “blocks” on your screen. Allows you to add new pages with complete ease and more suited to those who have a little coding experience and want more control and flexibility over their website.
- Umbraco – This ASP .NET Content Management System is growing in popularity year on year and is a great alternative to Joomla! It offers lots of cutting edge technology, is streamlined to work on mobile devices without the use of a mouse and it comes with the super easy ability to publish content from Microsoft Word and an integrated online library.
- Magento – Probably the world’s #1 eCommerce platform. Magento allows you to not only control all aspects of your website’s design, but also manage all products, stock inventory, accounts, and… it even integrates into your warehouse software to make order processing a doddle!
- OpenCart – Is simple to use and quick & easy to install. It’s easy interface makes managing your online eCommerce store as easy as 1-2-3 and allows you to do so without having to mess with code.