A recent study by google has analysed the behaviour and trends of over 15,000 shoppers during a 6 month period, leaving marketers with a new approach and thinking to online buying.
The findings report that:
- 33% of sales happen 30 days after the customer began their research
- 70% of customers use search engines
- Buyers who search generic keywords are 19% more likely to buy online
- The average customer visits 4.5 websites a total of 9.9 times before purchasing (2.2 to yours, 7.7 to your competitors)
- Focusing on all customer touch points and not just the last click is the key to best success