Here we will mention at least digital marketing strategies that will surely get you ranked very highly on Google. Remember being on the first page is crucial. That’s where it counts. I mean it’s quite self-explanatory isn’t it. Google are only going to rank you highly if they find there is a high correlation between what the customer is typing in Google, for example red lipstick and the very content you write on your website pages. So yes it does start from content. If you get this wrong, doing too less of your key words or even going over board and doing too much of your keyword mentions, Google will penalise you. So look at the list below and try and deploy at least three to make your virtual presence a good one.
1. Search Engine Optimisation. This comprises on page and off page SEO. This task is not as easy as people think because it requires consistent management and updates. So writing compelling, engaging and industry specific content not only on the pages of your web site but requires you to actively engage on various social media platforms, lengthy articles &blog posts, coupled with linking your website to high authority sites is only the beginning. Many outsource industry experts to do this highly demanding task that requires time, focus and vision.
SEO is absolutely key to the success of a business online and working hand in hand with Google PPC it can deliver some incredible results.
Whilst there are a number of SEO companies out there who promise the earth and claim to be able to guarantee page 1 rankings within a few weeks, it is highly unlikely as Google is a very complex machine and takes into accounts hundreds if not thousands of different things to rank a website.
2. OK the next big thing is Google PPC adverts. Many are now in agreement that PPC will take over the organic way of getting your site ranked on Google and I heavily disagreed here, initially. Many folk do not even look at the top three ads and we are conditioned at a psychological level to select from the top four non paid ad’s which appear directly below. So this process to convert very quickly to the pay per click ad’s at a macro level will certainly be a long winded process especially from an end user’s perspective. But I think after this transition takes place Pay per click will overrule the organic markets. This is obviously because by over throwing the originally loved organic search results, Google will generate more surplus by doing this.
3. I’m not going to exhaust this list but using Affiliate Marketing programs means the affiliates will create another URL and promote your products and services with the initiative of getting a small commission if one buys through his or hers URL. This is a great idea as there will be several URLs promoting your products and services.
4. Email Marketing is just the older version of Facebook if we think of its very structures. We can forward an email, whereas Facebook uses a new term, share. Again one can like or not like on Facebook. This is the same as the subscribe and unsubscribe features of an email. So if planned out properly an email marketing campaign coupled with a telemarketing scheme will work wonders to generate new leads and prospects via your online presence.
5. You tube videos. Did you know YouTube, is the second largest search engine leaving the likes of AOL, Bing and Yahoo lagging behind. I really strongly urge businesses to create a You tube channel promoting your products, services in such a way that you’re solving your customer qualms and worries, not just going for the hard sales tactics. In this way you will be creating value, substance, and character to your brand. Hope this helps. At ALT agency we want to help you grow your business, generate new customers to your website and we do this by providing you with strong theoretical knowledge from an insiders’ perspective.
Working with a digital marketing agency, especially one in Birmingham will give you the best possible head start in your SEO campaign.
Whether you are trying to target your local area or a national or even international audience, your local Birmingham SEO agency will be able to advise you on the best strategy forward.
Using the 5 steps above is a great way to get you ranking in Google and get as much traffic as possible to your website.
For 2019 there is another thing you can do that needs to be added to the above list and that’s updating your old content.
Most people focus on producing new content and in fact when it comes to SEO many people take the view over quantity over quantity which isn’t necessary the case.
For SEO in 2019 we are finding that updating old content is giving the biggest boost rather than adding new content all the time. Take sometime out, take a single keyword that you want to optimise your website around, revisit your old blog posts that are focused around that keyword and add some variations of keywords in, along with 4-5 new paragraphs of content to bring your old blog posts up to date for 2019.
Add a variation of anchor text as well, type your main keyword into Google search and jump to the bottom of Google to find what other keywords people also search for, for this term and sprinkle those into your new paragraphs of content.